Thursday, June 11, 2009

I would like you people to read this.......


Hello....all
I would like ya'll to read something that I put on a web sit ,I take it some of you don't like what I have to say,
I don't like what I'm having to do like redoing my house refixing it, we got over 6 foot of water for
hurricane Rita then to top it off we got over 6 foot of water for Hurricane Ike, but who cares right
this is Louisiana at it's best, help the ones that don't need help.



----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Roy & Lori Rowley
To: candyman_726@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:12:31 AM
Subject: Fw: Fema Campers



----- Original Message -----
From: Roy & Lori Rowley
To: mrrrowley@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:08 AM
Subject: Fema Campers


I would like to know what will it take for people to understand
what the hell is going on. I got over 6 foot of water for hurricane Rita
and we were waiting for the Road Home to send us the money to elevate my house. They sent us the money 2 weeks after we flooded for Hurricane Ike, with another 6 feet of water. We had been living with my Mother-in-law for 8 months. We had been tring to buy a fema trailer with Fema because they wanted to put a park model mobile home in our yard which would have been too big and in the way when they come to elevate our home. We ended up spending over $5,000.00 of our insurance money to buy a x-Rita camper from someone who bought a bunch from the auction for cheap. He is doing minor repairs and making a killing. Instead of Fema helping the ones who need it the most they are lining the pockets of those that don't need any help at all. We could have bought one ourselves through the auction but had no way to go get it. We were left with no choice, other than stay with my Mother-in-law for however long it would take to get our home liveable again. We got minimal help from Fema. We really don't think we will get much help, if any for the next storm. But, as usual, will had to take it upon ourselves to do what we had to do.
Hopefully, we will have enough warning to be able to get this camper our of our yard before the next storm hits us with even more water.'
We live in Terrebonne Parish, La. and south of the Intercoastal waterway. Our government can seem to find money to bail out the rich, and the foreign countries, but when it comes to us and natural disasters, WE HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN.

No comments: