Thursday, February 16, 2006

This is a copy of the email Mr. Wayne Thibodeaux sent me concerning the smoking ban in Terrebonne Parish:


I am sure your observations could have included lots of things you dislike about this government. In a democracy there are laws governing every component of our behavior. Do you reject all of them or just certain ones of them? To suggest these far right theories such as the government will come into a citizens home and prescribed their sexual relationship is about as senseless as anything I've ever heard. Extremism is never a relative practice to draw an analogy to anything!

Wayne Thibodeaux, CCED

This is a copy of the email I sent to Mr. Wayne Thibodeaux, one of our Terrebonne Parish Councilmen, in reply to his email concerning the smoking ban:



February 15, 2006

You're good Mr. Thibodeaux.
But I like to say this I'm 50 years old I'M NOT a kid.You may not like what I have to say and I may not like what you say but
Slave days are over - you are not going to be my master.
My wife and I have been doing our part. We have never been to jail in our life, we have obeyed the laws the best we can, but it looks like it will not matter to you guys. No matter what we do, you will look for any thing you can to make us criminals.
If you guys are looking for criminals go find the ones that are selling drugs, go find the ones stealing, are killing... Oh... I forgot that takes hard work for the policeman.
I take it Terrebonne parish needs more people picking up trash on the side of the road so they can have more money for when they go back to Hawaii, or maybe next time Japan.
Have a good life Mr. Thibodeaux


This is the second response from Mr. Thibodeaux:

My response has nothing to do with slave days or imprisoning you or your wife. I am having a hard time figuring why people such as yourself are condemning the Terrebonne Parish Council for passing a law that science and research proves is in the best interest of the health of all men, women and children. I simply do not understand your opposition to something that is good for everyone, including you and the misses.
Wayne Thibodeaux, CCED


To keep yourself up to date on Smokers Rights please join us at this website:
http://www.smokersclubinc.com
Smokers Rights Chats & Forums - http://www.smokersclubinternational.com

1 comment:

Mr.RRowley said...

here is my response to Mr. Thibodeaux's 3rd email.


I don't think any of you will ever understand why we feel the way we do. There are so many things that are unhealthy for us but there are no laws against them. If smoking was so bad then why don't they ban cigerettes all together? We all know why. The government makes more money from tobacco sales than the tobacco companies do. I'm upset with it because of the fact that our rights are being taken away from us. Not just with the smoking issue. In case I forgot to inform you, I don't even smoke any more. My wife does and I wish she would quit. But it's her choice. Where are our rights as smokers? Who will fight for their rights? We don't have the NAACP to run too everytime something happens that we don't think is right.
The food we eat, the water we drink, the exhaust fumes from cars and factories, etc. is killing us all slowly. What gets me even more is that we are sending our children, fathers and mothers, to Iraq to supposively fight for their freedom, and supposively to protect ours. while our government is taking away ours, little by little.
I think the American Cancer Society is just pulling at straws to find an easy answer to what causes cancer. There are so many things that cause cancer out there they don't even know about. Lets blame it on smoking and second hand smoke.
If ya'll are so concerned about our health and safety why wasn't our levees fixed or improved 20 years ago? Why did we have to flood....again? Why is nothing being done, except study after study? I think ya'll should be more concerned about this problem instead of thinking of new ways to make us criminals.Where were ya'll when we flooded? I didn't see a single one of you on our street to see if we needed anything. I had to put a sign out at the end of our street before we got any help from anyone. I have flooded twice in 20 years. What is going to happen to me next time? Will I be denied help from the government because I didn't move out? Ya'll need to get ya'll priorities straight.

Roy & Lori Rowley