Friday, March 31, 2006

Please read....
This is a letter I received from FEMA. They feel like they have given me so much money. They are wasting more money than they are giving to the people who lost so much. THey are paying the people working for them more money in a month than they give to us. I had to buy new tools to fix my house myself because I lost all my tools in the flood and the contractor wanted $69,000.00 to fix my house.Our damages were estimated over $45,000.00 by our insuance company. FEMA only gave us $11,000.00 for contents,loosing everything under 3 feet in my house. Not counting everyting we lost that was outside and in our shed. The bank is holding $12,000.00 until the house is 90% complete. How are we suppose to pay someone to help me? Sometimes I feel like giveing up, not knowing if it will happen again next hurricane season. I know some people who have received more money from FEMA that had very little damages and didn't loose nearly what we lost.
I'm hurting and we are tired. But what are we suppose to do?


Dear Ms. Rowley,

Your case has been reviewed and you are not eligible for home repair from FEMA. Your insurance settlement is $32,200.00 and the FEMA maximum grant is $26,200.00 therefore you are ineligible for assistance with home repair.

This does not include assistance for rental if you are unable to stay in your home while repairs are made.
The following documentation will be required Recertification for requesting continuing Rental Assistance:

1) A letter from you stating why you have a continued need for Rental Assistance
2) A submission from you outlining a realistic Housing Plan to indicate your plans for self sufficiency
3) Documentation of appropriate use of previous Rental Assistance, i.e. verifiable rental receipts with the landlord's contact information


If you should you have additional questions about your registration you can also call FEMA’s toll-free helpline number at 1-800-621-3362.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Connie ID#7384

No comments: